Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Writing...

It's been a few days, okay maybe almost a week, and I haven't posted an actual post. I'm afraid that whatever I do write won't be interesting; won't be enough to get you to come back. I do that with a lot of things though. I take a cautious approach; so cautious that I would rather do nothing than do something wrong.

I recently learned through the "Keirsey Temperament Sorter" that I am an Idealist. Among other things, it told me that I have a great concern for what others think or want, even in my own life. This can be a good thing if it means I'm social and have a high regard for others' feelings. But it also means I also don't like doing anything that will let someone down. If you tell me I would look better in a blue shirt after I pick out a red one, I'll probably switch shirts.

One phrase that I heard was how my personality type can feel pulled outward by 'external forces'; this makes me 'vulnerable' to the opinions and desires of others. I always thought that my eager to please attitude was good. I could make teachers, parents, and bosses happy because I genuinely wanted to. Then as I one grows up, one starts making decisions on their own. It's really hard for a people pleaser to learn to make their own decisions when they are so worried about what the people around them want. I struggled with some decisions and with keeping myself happy with my choice because, even if only on a small level, I let someone else down.

What do you think?
Do you struggle with this?
What kind of personality traits do you have that can be good and bad?

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts.
~Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment